Transfer Credit

If you are an incoming freshman or transfer student with AP  or transfer art credit, you need to submit a Request for Substitution Credit application to the Department Chair in OP1221 if you want this credit to substitute for course required in the major. The form can be obtained in the Art Department Office in OP1109. You are also required to submit a portfolio of work from the course you want to substitute. The faculty will review the portfolio to assess if the work is comparable to the Truman Art course. This review will take place at the first department meeting on August 31st. Please drop off portfolios at OP1221 prior to the 31st. Normally, if substitution is not granted, the credit is assigned as Art Elective credit. If you have questions, please contact

Leave a Reply