Stuart Henn–Art History Alum Update

Dr. Sara Orel (Art History) put out a call on Facebook recently for information on what Art History alumni were up to. We were overwhelmed not only by the wonderful response but also all the great things that our alums are doing. So, this summer the blog will feature updates on all that great stuff!  The most recent post appears below:

Stuart writes:

Stuart Henn (BA, Art History, 2002)

"Professionally:

I accepted admission to Northern Illinois University's Masters of Arts in Art History program in the Fall of 2012 and will begin my second year and thesis work this fall.  I received a graduate teaching assistantship and lead discussion sections of Introduction to the Visual Arts as well as Art History Survey II.  My thesis work will focus on the dynamics of the New Bauhaus and the Institute of Design in Chicago and the mid-century designers present in Chicago at the time.  

I worked at the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy for a time after graduating until accepting a position with the Elmhurst Art Museum as Coordinator of External Relations.  While there I was able to author the didactic panels for Sandra Jorgensen:  Fitting In, an exhibition of recent acquisitions of work by Chicago Imagist, Sandra Jorgenen.  I served as the Interim Educator at the Geneva History Center presenting adult and children' educational programming on local history to visitors and area school children.  I produced a highly successful audio tour for the traveling exhibition, Rural America which presented Regionalist lithographic prints by Grant Wood, Thomas Hart Benton, and John Steuart Curry. 

Personally:

I met my wife, Michelle, and in April of 2011 we were married and make our home in Geneva, Illinois outside Chicago."

Congratulations, Stuart!

If you are an alum of the Art Department and have news to share, we'd love to hear from you!  art@truman.edu