Lori Nix–Art History Alum Update

Dr. Sara Orel (Art History) put out a call on Facebook recently for information on what Art History alumni were up to. We were overwhelmed not only by the wonderful response but also all the great things that our alums are doing. So, this summer the blog will feature updates on all that great stuff!  The most recent post appears below:

Lori Nix writes:

"The summer is going to keep me extremely busy in the studio. I'm working towards my next solo show in New York City this November at ClampArt Gallery. I have a book coming out that will coincide with the show. Published by Decode Books, "The City" will be released this August. In March of 2014, I will have a show at Galerie Kluser in Munich, Germany. 

I will be showing a different body of work, "Unnatural History" this fall at the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA. 

This summer I will also begin working on a stop motion animation. My partner Kathleen Gerber and I have been tapped to create the sets and props for this short feature. This will be our third project  with the director Vincent Peone."

Congratulations, Lori!

If you are an alum of the Art Department and have news to share, please contact us at art@truman.edu