There are lots of great things going on in the Art Department this week and next including some great town-gown collaboration. We hope to see you at some or all of them!
- ART 421 Visual Communications IV project displays for the Red Barn Arts Festival up all this week in the OP Art Atrium; reception Tuesday, December 2 in the evening.
- Reception Tuesday, December 2, 6:00 p.m. in the University Art Gallery (OP 1114) for BA and BFA students Molly Diecker, Ali Goeckner, and Carly Winchell. At the same time is a reception for the Strong Foundations exhibition which features work from the Foundations program, selected by Art Department faculty as examples of some of the best work produced by first-year Art students.
- Advanced Painting work up until Thursday, December 4 at TruYo on Jefferson St. in Kirksville.
- Clay People Sale (of ceramics works): Thursday, December 4, OP Main Atrium, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Work by students in Advanced Printmaking (Melissa Aholt, Kim Allen, and Jessica Zilch) up at TruYo from Thursday through the end of Finals Week.
- Exhibition of work produced in Painting I and Advanced Drawing: Friday, December 5, Kirk Gym, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Work by graduate student painters Shelby Seaman and Daniel Riekena up at Beard’s Gallery in Kirksville now through Friday, December 5.
- The student chapter of AIGA (American Institute of Graphic Arts) at Truman will be holding a sale of handmade work; check their blog for more information.
If you know of something else going on this week in the Art Department that’s not listed, let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, we hope to see you there!