Valerie Lazalier, Mary Sauerwein, and Ashley Tomten–Art History Alum Updates

Dr. Sara Orel (Art History) put out a call on Facebook recently for information on what Art History alumni were up to. We were overwhelmed not only by the wonderful response but also all the great things that our alums are doing. So, this summer the blog will feature updates on all that great stuff!  The most recent post appears below:

Valerie writes:

"I'm about to start my final year in my Art History and Library Science masters programs at Indiana University. I work at the IU Art Museum as a grad assistant in the Works on Paper department and as a registrar's assistant. I also work for the IU library and residence hall library systems. This summer I'm  taking French and printmaking!"

Mary writes:

"I will be attending Bard Graduate Center this coming fall to start the pursuit of my MA in the decorative arts, design history, and material culture. I move into my apartment in Manhattan the  second week of August!"

and Ashley writes:

"I kinda changed paths after Truman and opened a spa here in Kirksville where I teach bellydance and do massage therapy [Rejuvenate Massage Therapy and Raqs Fusion Bellydance]… I'm doing well."

Congratulations, one and all!

If you are an alum of the Art Department and have news to share, please let us know!  art@truman.edu