Adrien Keables Art History Alum Update

Dr. Sara Orel (Art History) put out a call on Facebook recently for information on what Art History alumni were up to. We were overwhelmed not only by the wonderful response but also all the great things that our alums are doing. So, this summer the blog will feature updates on all that great stuff!  The most recent post appears below:

Adrien Keables (double Art History-History major) writes:

"After four seasons working as a Park Ranger at Glacier National Park, I have more or less settled down in the Chicago suburbs.  I work as a seasonal naturalist at Fullersburg Woods Nature Education Center, part of the DuPage County Forest Preserve system.   Mostly I work with school groups on field trips, but I also help put together program materials and work with the general public in the Education Center.  Once a week I volunteer at the Chicago History Museum and lead programs for more school groups.  When not working, I co-teach the junior high Sunday School class at Lombard Mennonite Church, cook curries and other tasty things, audit courses at a nearby college, sew, read, and
garden.  I put my Fibers 1 knowledge to work this past year by finishing one quilt and starting two more.  I also started my own seeds this spring for the first time and look forward to eating food fresh from our garden!"

Congratulations, also, to Adrien and her husband on the birth of their new son last month!