Welcome to the Art Department Blog. This is a new feature for the department this year. My intention is for faculty, students, prospective students and alumni to interact through this site. Hopefully, this is where all the current activity in the department will show up. If you are an alumni, student or student group, please email me if you want to participate and contribute to the great things we are accomplishing in the Art Department.
Art Department Chair
The art faculty participated in a group show, Truman State University Faculty Invitational Show – Art Gallery, Indian Hills Community College, Ottumwa, Iowa
– John Bohac is currently working on a new body of work.
– Julia DeLancey presented at:
- Continuity, Conflict, and Change in Indian Cultures and Societies, Asian Studies Development Program Workshop, Johnson County Community College September 18 – 19, 2008.
- Mapping Color: color sellers in the urban fabric of Renaissance Venice, Renaissance Society of America Annual Conference, Chicago (invited paper), April 2008
– Matt Derezinski exhibited works in 27 exhibits from local, national and international competitions including the Salmagundi Club – NY, NY; Williamsburg Art & Historical Center –Brooklyn, NY; Mystic Art Center – Mystic, Connecticut; Limerick Printmakers Studio and Gallery – Limerick, Ireland and a traveling exhibit to Milan, Italy. Was published in Best of Photography 28th Annual 2008 by Photographer’s Forum Magazine. Received second at 17th Annual Juried Photography Competition in St. Simons Island, Georgia.
– Aaron Fine received a summer research grant to study political graphics in Mumbai.
– Priya Kambli returns from sabbatical and has recently received…
- PhotoLucida 2008 Book Award Winner, Portand, Oregon
- 2009- 2010 Artist-In- Residence, Light Work, Syracuse, NY
- 2008 – 2010 Midwest Photographers Project, Museum Of Contemporary Photography, Chicago, IL
- 2008 -2009 Flat Files, Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis, MO
- 2009 Solo Show, Color Falls Down, SRO Photo Gallery, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX
– Jim Jereb has been invited to exhibit prints in Oni', Japan and has served as Guest Curator at two museums in Wyoming and Colorado. Jim is currently restoring an 1800's era printing press for the Deutschheim Museum near Hermann, Missouri.
– Rusty Nelson completed a 7 ft. x 38 ft. mural for the local post of the VFW in April and an illustration was accepted into the CQ17 online exhibition of Creative Quarterly Magazine.
– Sara Orel was elected a Councilor in the new Arts and Humanities Division of the Council on Undergraduate Research and will be curating an Egyptian pottery show in the Spring semester.
– Wynne Wilbur exhibited work in the following shows:
- Yunomi Invitational – AKAR Art, Architecture and Design gallery, Iowa City, Iowa
- Group Invitational – Strecker-Nelson Gallery, Manhattan, Kansas
- Group Installation Purchase – Meadowlark Hills Retirement Community, Manhattan, Kansas
- Solo show at Lone Star Community College in Houston
- also was published in 500 Plates and Chargers: Innovative Expressions of Function and Style, Suzanne Tourtillott Ed., Lark Books, Asheville, North Carolina, work pictured pp. 132, 160.
Please visit the exhibit of artwork created last year by the 08/09 new majors. Artworks from Drawing I and II and Design I and II are featured in the exhibit. Where? OP Atrium.