“Stance” undergrad philosophy journal’s call for papersOctober 24, 2012
From Kiley Neal, Editor-in-Chief, Stance:
The national award-winning, international undergraduate philosophy journal
Stance (stance.iweb.bsu.edu) is now open for submissions. Stance has
the following marks of distinction:
- Recipient of the 2010 American Philosophical Association/Philosophy Documentation Center Prize for Excellence and Innovation in Philosophy Programs
- Listed in The Philosopher’s Index
- Full international reach, including an international editorial staff
- Registered with the U.S. Library of Congress and distributed through EBSCO Pub. Co.
- Authors of published papers, and their department chairs, receive a complimentary, highest-quality print copy, in addition to access to the web version.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Stance seeks original philosophical papers authored by current undergraduates.
Stance welcomes papers concerning any philosophical topic. Current
undergraduates may submit a paper between 1500 and 3500 words in
length (footnotes may extend the word limit 500 words at most). Stance
asks that each undergraduate only submit one paper for the journal per
year. Papers should avoid unnecessary technicality and strive to be
accessible to the widest possible audience without sacrificing clarity
or rigor. They are evaluated on the following criteria: depth of
inquiry, quality of research/academic rigor, creativity, lucidity,
struggle, significance, and, most importantly, originality.
- Manuscripts should be in Microsoft Word (.doc) format and sent as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced (including quotations, excerpts, and footnotes).
- The right margin should not be justified.
- To facilitate our anonymous review process, submissions are to be prepared for anonymous review. Include a cover page with the author’s name, affiliation, title, and email address. Papers, including footnotes, should have no other identifying markers.
- Footnotes should follow Chicago Manual of Style. Examples are on our website under Notes for Contributors.
- Please use American spellings and punctuation, except when directly quoting a source that has followed British style.
DEADLINE: Friday, December 14, 2012