Call for Participation– Truman’s Environmental Studies (ENVS) ConferenceFebruary 12, 2014
Truman’s Environmental Studies (ENVS) Conference
April 5, 2014
Humanity’s relationship with our environment is a complex, multilayered, and constant one that permeates many disciplines. The field of environmental studies comprises many lenses through which we can view the environment. We invite abstracts for contributions addressing the relationship between humans and their environment through an interdisciplinary perspective.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Practical applications of life and physical sciences
- Intersections of race, class, gender, and the environment
- Philosophy and critique of environmentalism
- Environmental components of public and global health
- Environmental expression of art and literature
- Potential initiatives and projects applicable to the Truman and Kirksville communities
The Environmental Studies Conference Committee invites abstracts from all members of the Truman and Kirksville communities, as well as members of the academic community at large. Please send abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your name, abstract title, return address, phone number, and email address.
Deadline: February 28, 2014