Search for Vice President for Student Affairs

March 24, 2017

Dear Colleagues:

I am pleased to announce the formation of the Vice President for Student Affairs Search Advisory Committee to be of assistance to me as we begin the search for the next Vice President for Student Affairs.  Seven individuals representing various constituent groups on campus have agreed to serve:

Michael Bazemore, Athletics
Jack Holcomb, Center for Academic Excellence
Jennifer Jesse, Philosophy and Religion
Dave Lusk, Student Affairs
Regina Morin, Enrollment Management
Luis Ortiz, student
Jordan Webber, student

Qualifications of the position and application requirements can be found at https://secure.truman.edu/positionlisting-s/staff.asp.  Applications are due by April 21, and the goal is to have the new Vice President for Student Affairs in place in August 2017.

I express my deep appreciation to the members of the advisory committee for their willingness to take on this important assignment.  I am also most appreciative of Lou Ann Gilchrist for her exemplary service as Vice President for Student Affairs.  Lou Ann has been an unwavering advocate for the needs and holistic development of all students and her experience in risk assessment and intervention with student mental health concerns and knowledge of academic coaching has been invaluable.

Best regards,

Sue