2021 All University Address: “Time to Transcend”

February 26, 2021

Hello Truman Community!

Like everything else this year, my 2021 All University Address looks very different.  Rather than hundreds of us coming together for an hour long presentation, this address is virtual and just under 13 minutes.  Given the Zoom and virtual fatigue many of us are feeling, I purposely made it much shorter.  However, while it is significantly shorter, I hope you will still find it to be meaningful.

As we approach the one year anniversary of the beginning of the impact of the pandemic on our University, the idea that it is “Time to Transcend” is particularly meaningful.  As I reflect on the past year, I applaud all of you for taking every seemingly insurmountable challenge head on and continuing to move forward.  We are weary on many different levels but by working together, we have shown that we can harness our collective energy to achieve what matters to us.  We have positioned ourselves well and our destiny is within our control.  Because of all of you and the important, impactful work we will do together, I have great hope for Truman’s ability to transcend and thrive in the future.

All the best,
Sue