I hope your summer has been filled with memorable experiences and you are as excited to start the new year as we are to have you on campus!
As we get ready to start our new year, we know COVID-19 is still present. However, scientific advances have brought us to a place where COVID-19 is no longer defining how we live, learn, and engage on campus. We expect to continue to have cases and we will continue to follow CDC guidance. While there is no mask requirement on campus, individuals may choose to wear a mask at any time. When the Adair County COVID-19 Community Level is high, everyone is encouraged to wear a mask in indoor public spaces. To minimize the spread of COVID-19 on campus, everyone is also encouraged to be current on their COVID-19 vaccinations and to test prior to returning to campus.
Truman will continue to provide COVID-19 information and resources:
- Possible exposure – If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, follow this CDC guidance.
- Students residing on campus – Residence Life has protocols in place for those who need to isolate.
- All students – Any student needing to isolate should contact their instructors to make arrangements for their coursework.
- Testing – The Student Health Center will conduct COVID-19 tests and has free at-home tests available. You can also order free at-home tests from the federal governmentand many area providers also have testing available.
- Information updates – Any COVID-related messaging will be emailed directly to campus and shared on truman.edu/coronavirus.
If we continue to be a thoughtful community that cares for one another, I know we will have a fabulous year. For our new Bulldogs – we have an exciting Truman Week ready for you! For all students – I hope you will take advantage of the fun Welcome Week activities, especially our brand new kickoff tradition, New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, from 7-8:30 p.m. on August 21 on the quad.
I can’t wait to see you!
Susan L. Thomas, Ph.D.
200 McClain Hall
100 E. Normal Avenue
Kirksville, MO 63501