Dear Campus Community:
Please review the updated policies below regarding COVID-related leave and changes to the available telecommuting options:
Expanded Leave Options:
Families First Coronavirus Response Act/American Rescue Plan Act:
- The extension to the FFCRA Emergency Sick Leave and Emergency FMLA expired on March 31, 2021. ARPA allows employers to voluntarily extend these paid leave options through September 30, 2021.
- This extension replenishes the amount of COVID-related leave offered to employees. Even if employees have used this leave previously, they may now be eligible for up to 80 hours of Emergency Sick Leave and up to 10 weeks of partially-paid Emergency FMLA.
- Additionally, Emergency FMLA is no longer offered only for employees with childcare issues due to COVID-19. This leave may now be requested for other situations related to COVID-19, such as extended illness or prolonged quarantine periods.
- Contact Human Resources with questions at 660-785-4031. More information about COVID-related leave and the required forms may be found HERE.
Employees affected by school and daycare closures:
- If not eligible for Emergency FMLA, employees who need to care for immediate family members due to closures or limits of schools or daycares may use up to 30 days of sick leave for that purpose.
- The extension of FFCRA/ARPA allows use of Emergency Sick Leave in order to receive the COVID-19 vaccination or in order to recover from any ill effects of receiving the vaccine.
Return To Campus:
- As a reminder, all employees should return to working on campus by May 10, 2021.
- Four-day work weeks for most departments will begin on May 10, 2021, and extend to July 30, 2021.
- Beginning May 10, telecommuting arrangements may only be requested by employees under the following circumstances: the employee has been directed to quarantine or isolate due to COVID-19 or the employee has children unable to attend school or daycare due to COVID-19. All other faculty and staff are expected to work on campus, unless the employee was hired with a remote work arrangement.
- Employees requesting to work from home for the first time should complete the Telecommuting Request Form, available HERE. Supervisors should work with their employees to complete the form, including a detailed plan for a daily schedule and work assignments, and then submit the form to the appropriate member of the Executive Leadership Team or their designees for final approval. This plan also must be reviewed by Human Resources.
If you have questions, please contact Human Resources at 660-785-4031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.