A Message for our Students from University Counseling Services (UCS)
We realize that attending school in the “new normal” of a Pandemic comes with challenges that are potentially stressful for you. We are doing our best to provide the services that you require in as safe a manner as possible. We want to offer options to meet your counseling needs while maintaining your safety.
For that reason, we ask that your first appointment be done via a 50 minute teletherapy session through phone or videoconferencing. At that session, we will review informed consent and discuss which type of therapy is best for you (based upon a screening and assessment of your personal risk) and frequency and length of sessions.
- in-person therapy only (performed in a room large enough to maintain a 6 feet distance and with counselor and client in masks)
- hybrid therapy with primarily teletherapy but in-person sessions as needed
- teletherapy only via Zoom or phone
- emergent services only via teletherapy or in-person (no regularly scheduled sessions but sessions requested on an as needed basis)
- referral to off-campus providers
- teletherapy only using Zoom
University Counseling Services are here to support you. Let us know how we can help.