FINDING THE SWEET SPOT:adventures in computer animation and visualization by Dane Webster. Associate Professor of creative technologies at Virginia Tech. This lecture will be given on Monday February 6 at 5:30 in VH 1000 (Violette Hall). You see his work on display in the "Pioneers of Digital Media" going on right now in the side art gallery in Ophelia Parrish.
Thanks to everyone who helped out at Red Barn! AIGA was awarded best student booth with a prize package of $150! Good job guys! We will be at Oktoberfest on Friday, September 30 from 4-7 on the Mall, selling leftover crafts from Red Barn. Make sure to stop by our table! In the meantime, here are some pics from Red Barn:
Thanks to everyone who showed up to our first meeting! We had a lot to talk about and Emma will be sending the minutes out soon so you can review any info you missed! Also if you were not at the meeting and want to still join email Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org. With that said some things to keep in mind:
• Craft night! This Wednesday night we are having a crafting party (and going for TCBY $1 cones) to make Redbarn crafts at Sara and Kristine's house (address will be in minutes from 9/12)
• Redbarn is this weekend and we still need people to work! Check the googledoc to see what times we still need people!
• Learn to Print- We are going to have a printing tutorial Monday, September 19 at 7pm in OP 1224
•Next Meeting- Our next meeting will be on Monday, September 26 at 7pm in OP 1220- This is a very important meeting because we will be collecting dues for membership at the REDUCED PRICE for September ONLY! (if you have a problem making it to this meeting or paying the dues at that time please send us an email letting us know)
Our next AIGA meeting is this Tuesday, October 5, at 5:30 PM in the Illustration Room.
- Check to see if you have any Kansas City or St. Louis housing contacts for our fall trip. We may need places to sleep Wednesday, November 4; Thursday, November 5; and Friday, November 6. If you are from Kansas City or St. Louis, please check at home to see how many people you can host.
- Brainstorm fundraising ideas!
At the meeting…
- Depending on interest and the number of definite housing opportunities, will will decide where our fall trip will be (St. Louis/KC).
- We will talk about researching graphic design firms.
- Our new fundraising committee will present fundraising ideas.
Hope to see you all there!
For those of you who signed up for the round table discussion
or portfolio review I have the letters ready outside my office (OP 1227). Please take one, if you need more than
one make copies and if you still want to sign-up I can add you to the list.