Illustrators 55 Call for Entries
The entire show will be presented in full color in ILLUSTRATORS
55, “America’s Original Annual of Illustration.” Works selected will
be on display at the Museum of American Illustration at the Society of
Illustrators from January 4 – March 2, 2013. A selection of 40 works
will tour US colleges through June 2014, the 32nd educational traveling
Accepting entries through October 26th, 2012
$30 per entry for non-members of the Society of Illustrators.
$20 for members of the Society of Illustrators entering their own illustrations.
$35 per entry for non-members of the Society of Illustrators entering Sequential or Series.
$30 for members of the Society of Illustrators entering their own Sequential or Series Work.
Reina Koyano work will be published later this spring in Creative Quarterly magazine, 27th issue, for her Yummy Girls Poster.
FINDING THE SWEET SPOT:adventures in computer animation and visualization by Dane Webster. Associate Professor of creative technologies at Virginia Tech. This lecture will be given on Monday February 6 at 5:30 in VH 1000 (Violette Hall). You see his work on display in the "Pioneers of Digital Media" going on right now in the side art gallery in Ophelia Parrish.
- Projects that have been published, produced or implemented in the past two years are eligible. School projects and concept designs are not eligible since they cannot be described in terms of impacts.
- Project categories are Branding, Entertainment, Experience design, Information design, Organizational design, Packaging, Promotion and Service design.
- Projects may be of objects, messages, campaigns, spaces, experiences or services.
- Entries from all countries are eligible; foreign-language entries must include a translation in English.
$35 per entry (AIGA members)
$55 per entry (Nonmembers)
Entry deadline: March 31, 2012
Everyone should be very excited! Next week AIGA will be presenting the documentary Typeface! It will be in Baldwin Hall Auditorium at 7pm on Tuesday November 15th. We will have Jim Moran as a guest speaker for a question and answer and open discussion after the documentary.
Here are some photos from the making of the letter-pressed posters to enjoy!
Jim inking of the first color run
With the second color
Krisitne inking the letter-press
Poster with the third color
The finished poster!
I thought I would post this list in an effort to raise your spirits and give you hope. These are former Truman State University Visual Communications students who are now working professionally. I have been meaning to put this list together for a long time and I have finally done it. So, when you ultimately graduate, you will know where you might run into a former Viscommie from Truman. This list will have a limited shelf-life, but should give you an idea of what your potential futures might look like.
TRUMAN VISCOM ALUMNI
- Cameron Ballentine (2010): Marketing Services Specialist, MBS Textbook Exchange, Columbia, MO
- Nicole Brewer (2008): Creative Director, VNA-TIP HealthCare, St. Louis, MO
- Elizabeth Bishop (2009): Graphic Designer, Brake Printing, Columbia, MO
- Paula (Ruckenbrod) Catalono (2000): Graphic Designer, Elsevier Publishing, St. Louis, MO
- Brooke Clifton (2008): Graphic Designer, Bolds Creative, New York, NY
- Becky (Niles) Daum (2005): Graphic Design Manager, Red Line Editorial, Minneapolis, MN
- Jason Daum (2004): Manager of Marketing Services, INNOVA Marketing, Minneapolis, MN
- Megan Dowdy (2010): Designer, Fleishman-Hillard, St. Louis, MO
- Elizabeth Ebers (2005): Creative Director, Fleishman-Hillard, St. Louis, MO
- Joe Eichelberger (2010): Graphic Designer/Illustrator, Paramount Apparel International, St. Louis, MO
- Kate Elrod (2010): Creative Lead, Delinea Design, Omaha, NE
- Stephen Emlund (2008): Print and Web Designer, Creative Improv, Columbia, MO
- Jessica Endaya (2009): Graphic Designer, Gear for Sports, Kansas City, MO
- Sarah Gordon (2000): Graphic Designer, Creative Services, UMKC, Kansas City, MO
- Lindsey (Allen) Howell (2005): Art Director, Propper International, St. Louis, MO
- Katia Ivanova (2010): Junior Graphic Designer, Dupuis Group, Chicago, IL
- Emily James (2011): Studio Designer, Intouch Solutions, Kansas City, MO
- Heather Jones (2001): Director of Art and Operations, Lipic's Recognition, St. Louis, MO
- Patrick Jones (2009): Graphic Designer/Production Artist, Innovations in Art, St. Louis, MO
- Matt Kemp (2006): Art Director, Kansas City Public Library, Kansas City, MO
- Ashley Kilgore (2006): Prepress Artist, Cannonball Advertising Agency, St. Louis, MO
- Katrina (Kouba) Boles (2004): Wardrobe Crew, Concert Series at Jess Auditorium, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Michelle Krewet (2009): Graphic Designer, Henning Communications, St. Louis, MO
- Ashley Long (2010) : Web Administrator, CBS Radio, St. Louis, MO
- Annie Marineau (2003): Designer, Art Director, Brown Shoe Co., St. Louis, MO
- Thomas Marrone (2005): Associate UI Artist, Cryptic Studios, San Francisco, CA
- Andrea (Bailey) Maxwell (2010): Graphic Designer, Video Marketing USA, St. Louis, MO
- Tina May (2008): Art Director, Ad Trends Advertising, Kansas City, MO
- Joe Moccia (2005): Art Director, Discovery Communications, Washington, DC
- Natalie (Preston) Navales (2004): Designer, The Graphics Company, St. Louis, MO
- Abby Neidig (2009): Graphic Designer, US Toy Company, Kansas City, MO
- Alyssa Noe (2011): Graphic Designer, Boxers Inc., St. Louis, MO
- Jenny Oughton (2007): Art Director, Origin Agency, St. Louis, MO
- Alison Peterson (2008): Art Director, Curious Pixel Inc., Kansas City, MO
- Anitia (Pierre) Pierden (2005): Graphic Designer, EmploymentGuide.com/Dominion Enterprises, Kansas City, MO
- Breanne (Cooper) Rapken (2009): Graphic Designer/Web Administrator, The Pinnacle Corporation, Dallas, TX
- Sara Schneider (2011): Assistant Art Director, Austin Fit Magazine, Austin, TX
- Amanda Senn (2009): Graphic Designer, AlphaMetrix, LLC, Chicago, IL
- Jennifer (Wiemer) Seris (2008): Graphic Artist, University of Missouri – Owner/Photographer, Jennifer Seris Photography, Columbia, MO
- Dylan Smith (2004): Art Director, VML, Kansas City, MO
- Zach Smyth (2008): Digital Designer, Osborn and Barr Communications, St. Louis, MO
- Michael Sotomayor (2009): Graphic Designer, BaseZero Productions, Chicago, IL
- Aaron Speropolus (2005): CEO/Creative Director, \\\Welve Creative, St. Louis, MO
- Megan (Mudd) Stoll (2006): Multimedia Designer, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Jim Wagner (2001): Partner, Lagom Design, Kansas City, MO
- Schuyler Whitely (2007): Graphic Designer, Black and Veatch, Kansas City, MO
- Jordan Worcester (2010): Graphic Designer, Cosco Industries, Chicago, IL
- Taylor (Wysocke) Henry (2010): Art Director, Boxers, Inc. St. Louis, MO
Note to alumni: I put this list together from my Linkedin and Facebook contacts. If you don't see your name on this list and would like to be added or if the information is incorrect, drop me an email with where you are and what you are doing.
Thanks to everyone who helped out at Red Barn! AIGA was awarded best student booth with a prize package of $150! Good job guys! We will be at Oktoberfest on Friday, September 30 from 4-7 on the Mall, selling leftover crafts from Red Barn. Make sure to stop by our table! In the meantime, here are some pics from Red Barn:
Thanks to everyone who showed up to our first meeting! We had a lot to talk about and Emma will be sending the minutes out soon so you can review any info you missed! Also if you were not at the meeting and want to still join email Emma at email@example.com. With that said some things to keep in mind:
• Craft night! This Wednesday night we are having a crafting party (and going for TCBY $1 cones) to make Redbarn crafts at Sara and Kristine's house (address will be in minutes from 9/12)
• Redbarn is this weekend and we still need people to work! Check the googledoc to see what times we still need people!
• Learn to Print- We are going to have a printing tutorial Monday, September 19 at 7pm in OP 1224
•Next Meeting- Our next meeting will be on Monday, September 26 at 7pm in OP 1220- This is a very important meeting because we will be collecting dues for membership at the REDUCED PRICE for September ONLY! (if you have a problem making it to this meeting or paying the dues at that time please send us an email letting us know)
Thanks to everyone who stopped by our table at the Activities Fair this year!
We had a great table display thanks to the students who lent us their work! We also had a great turn out at our BBQ. We hope that you enjoyed the food and we will see you at our first meeting on September 12th at 7pm in OP1220!
AIGA wants to see you at our first meeting on September 12 (that's a Monday!) at 7pm in OP 1224. We will be discussing what we will be doing this year (Redbarn, trips, and more!) and dues. We also have popsicles for you to munch on!