Staff Council March 2012 Meeting SummaryMarch 21, 2012
- Staff Council met March 15, 2012. The Wellness Coalition and HR are working together to evaluate what direction the program should take. There continue to be issues with the availability of spots for Health Screenings, especially in light of individuals signing up but then not showing up for their appointment. These no-shows cause problems as the Health Clinic is only available for a few days, etc.
- Be sure to check out the Aetna website; they have LOTS of information available. Also, there have been some issues with what Aetna covers for lab work so be sure to find out the information before you have lab draws and discuss it with your physician. It may be affected by the facility used for the lab work or how the physician bills for it. Staying informed prior to visits to your physician can help alleviate issues later.
- There is ongoing discussion on whether to continue the Staff Development Day. If you have a strong opinion one way or the other regarding canceling or continuing it, please share those thoughts with your Staff Council representative.
- Don’t forget to nominate your coworkers/offices for the Points of Excellence Award or the Bulldog Award.
- The Staff Survey results will be shared with the campus community once the survey has been reviewed by Staff Council/administration.
- The University and Relations Committee will sponsor a blood drive on June 20th.
- Tom Johnson and Joyce Mullins talked about Emergency Preparedness Week. The sirens and Peer Texts were tested to be sure they were in working order. They sent texts and emails to test how long it took to have each delivered. The Statewide Tornado Drill was also conducted that week. We now have 10 AEDs (Automated External Defibrillator) on campus for use in emergencies. They also reminded us that Public Safety has not been an Emergency Dispatch Center for several years. If anyone needs assistance, they should dial 911, not Public Safety. That will save several minutes response time in a true emergency.
- Resolution 201210.001 was passed.
- The President will meet with Staff Council this week to discuss ideas on how staff can be involved in the current budget challenges. Information will be made available after our discussions.