A Meaningful Experience

A Meaningful Experience

December 11, 2019

Sociology/Anthropology student- AlyAly Zuhler, Sociology/Anthropology Senior Reflects on Her Time at Truman

I think that every class I have taken at Truman has encouraged me to think critically and work hard in everything that I do. I have talked to friends at different universities, and even though many times I have been jealous of their lighter workloads, the academic rigor of Truman has set me up for success in the future because I have a good work ethic, and I have completed meaningful assignments that have given me transferable skills.

I also really enjoyed working with my sociology cohort over the years. I have gained many friendships with those who I have been in class with. It is always more fun and enjoyable to go to class with people you like being around. Our out-of-class study sessions definitely made studying and doing well in classes easier because I was surrounded by friends. I will try and continue to keep these friendships strong in the future for friendship purposes but also as networking tools for my future career.