Meet Donna Liss

Meet Donna Liss

August 18, 2008

After 23 years of technology experience in larger institutions, Donna hit the web to find the perfect school.

“There was something about Truman’s website – I could just see it was the kind of academic institution I was looking for.”

Before joining Truman’s ITS team in August 2008 as Chief Information Officer, Donna Liss was the Associate Vice Provost for Information services at the University of Kansas.

Since high school, Donna knew she wanted to be in data processing. She still passed through majors from mortuary to oceanography to political science to get there.

“I have a passion for education,” Donna said. “I love to find ways to take technology and make it meaningful in a University environment.”
Her husband Jerry is a Special Ed professor at Emporia State University. Her son Nate is an attorney with the Attorney General’s Office of Nebraska. Her daughter Mallory is beginning school at K.U.

She grew up in Nebraska, but the Liss family tries to vacation outside the country. So far, they’ve been to Italy, France, England, Mexico and Canada. Next year is Poland.