Sadie Williams, UN Intern

Rob Andrew, the Department of State Diplomat in Residence–Central for the United Nations, highlighted our very own Sadie Williams on his Facebook page yesterday (https://www.facebook.com/DIRCentral/). Here is the post:

Today I would like to feature Sadie Williams, who is doing an internship with the U.S. Department of State at the U.S. Mission to the UN in New York.

See her description below of what she is doing:

My name is Sadie Williams, and I am a senior at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri. I am majoring in History and minoring in Spanish, and am thrilled to be a full-time intern at the United States Mission to the United Nations in New York City this fall. I work in the Management and Reform section and work with the team there to support Ambassador Isobel Coleman, the Permanent Representative for Management and Reform.

Some of my duties include:15073579_1481387275210679_5291670379784798946_n
· Assisting permanent staff members in the UN Management and Reform Section in their duties as delegates to the Fifth Committee of the General Assembly.
· Researching key topics dealing with UN management and reform using UN and State Department information systems.
· Drafting reports and cables addressed to the State Department based on research and containing suggested courses of action.
· Accompanying Section staff to meetings with UN officials and representatives from other missions, taking notes and documenting the results in reports and cables.
· Developing and maintaining databases of information for use in managing UN election campaigns that are of critical importance to the U.S.
· Attending staff meetings and being prepared to discuss issues being followed.
· Assisting in making arrangements for visits of high-level officials from the Congress and the State Department.

Wow, way to go Sadie and how exciting! Hope to see you in the ranks of the Foreign Service in the not too distant future 🙂

DIR Central Rob Andrew