Ross Jones selected as ‘22-’23 Fulbright Mentor for Galicia, Spain.

April 28, 2022

Congratulations to MAE alumnus Ross Jones (BA Spanish ‘20, MAE-FL Instruction ‘21) for being selected as the ‘22-’23 Fulbright Mentor for Galicia, Spain. In addition to his duties as a mentor for the 40 other Fulbright grantees in the region, Ross will also teach English in a local high school.

Ross writes, “I am very excited and honored to have this opportunity to continue teaching in Spain. This year has been such a remarkable experience, and I look forward to continuing to work and live abroad. Special thanks to the amazing professors in the Education Department, like Dr. Miner and Dr. Stacy Davis, and the Fulbright faculty members, Dr. Jack Davis and Dr. Edwards, for their encouragement and assistance in applying to the Fulbright program last year. I truly believe that my Truman education has set me on the path to success by preparing me to champion foreign language and intercultural education at home and abroad”.

This past academic year, Ross was a Fulbright Grantee in Galicia, Spain and taught English at a high school in Santiago de Compostela. As a component of the Fulbright grant, Ross also served as a cultural ambassador for the United States and completed a community service project in Santiago de Compostela. While at Truman, Ross was selected as the recipient of the Outstanding Spanish Student Award (‘20) and was an active member in various student organizations like Sigma Delta Pi, Blue Key Honor Society, Residence Life, and LinguaProfs.