Abby Gunn wins two awards

Abby Gunn wins two awards

April 26, 2022

Congratulations to MAE graduate student Abby Gunn (BA French ’21, MAE-FL Instruction ’22) for winning TWO HUGE awards: one from Truman’s Education Department and another from the Foreign Language Association of Missouri (FLAM).

Abby writes: “I am so honored to receive the Outstanding Graduate Student in Education K-12 award. I couldn’t have done it without the help from the education department, specifically the CML program. Dr. Davis and Dr. Joyce have well equipped me to enter into the field of education. I am so grateful for the opportunities that Truman has provided me as a student, and a future educator. I am so excited to finish my Master’s degree in May and begin teaching French this fall for Lindbergh High School (has already been offered and accepted this job position).

In addition to this award, Abby has been selected as the recipient of the Outstanding Future Language Teacher Award for the state of Missouri. This award recognizes a post-secondary world language student who “exhibits superior performance in a world language program.” Abby will receive her certificate at the FLAM Conference at Wash U in October.

Congratulations! Well-deserved honors and excellent representation of our CML Department!

#GoBulldogs #FrenchLanguageInstruction