Internship Spotlight – Quinn Miller

Internship Spotlight – Quinn Miller

October 30, 2019

This summer Quinn Miller, a business administration major (finance and marketing concentrations), completed his third internship with The Boeing Company in Seattle, Washington.  Quinn shared the following about his internship: “This summer I completed my third internship with The Boeing Company in Seattle, Washington. I worked as a Procurement Financial Analyst under the Boeing Global Services division. A few of the many assignments I had were supporting contract negotiations by generating plane part consumption forecasts, assisting in order aggregation and inventory optimization, and identifying cost savings opportunities throughout Boeing’s Supply Chain. Altogether, I helped the company identify over $12 million in future cost savings.

I obtained this internship by applying to the School of Business’ opportunity to join the Boeing FLITE program during my freshman year. I participated in the FLITE program in the summer of 2017, and continued with the company the following two summers.

The number one takeaway from my internship is that there is always room for improvement! Sometimes you have to take a closer look at a process, and then think outside the box to figure out how the process can become more efficient. By doing this, you can likely save a company significant amount of money, or you can save people significant amounts of time by eliminating unnecessary work.

If I were to give one piece of advice to younger students, it would be to get out of your comfort zone! If you have the opportunity, reach out to experienced professionals in your company or organization. Conducting informational interviews can help you figure out your career path, identify mentors, and learn about the different parts of a company. It may be awkward or difficult to talk with higher level managers, but if you can make the right connections, you can learn amazing things from people with tons of experience.”