Study Abroad Spotlight: Danika Eaker, Junior Accounting and Business Administration Major (Finance Concentration)

December 6, 2018

Danika Eaker had the opportunity to study abroad this semester at Edge Hill University in England.  Danika says, “I knew that studying abroad would be a life-changing experience, but I didn’t foresee just how powerful an impact it would have on me. I love the opportunity that living here has given me to learn, grow, and challenge myself not just as a student, but as a person. In addition to what I am learning in my classes, being abroad and traveling to various European countries is teaching me practical life skills such as critical thinking, time management, problem solving, communicating cross-culturally, and adaptability. These experiences have taken me completely out of my comfort zone, taught me what I value in people and in life, and given me more confidence in my abilities as I respond to different challenges that arise. While I hate to see this semester end and will immensely miss the beautiful places I’ve been and the incredible people I’ve met, I am excited to return to Truman with this new positive perspective on life and to put everything I have learned into practice.”