Benefits of Living in the LLC

Benefits of Living in the LLC

February 13, 2014

There are multiple benefits of living in any of the wonderful LLCs Truman has to offer. Specifically, the Pre-Med LLC is wonderful in the fact that you benefit from your peers. This community is centered a lot around academic success, and so you are literally surrounded by people who are just as fun and driven as you are. You get to learn with these people, you get to create relationships, and you get to truly understand what it means to be Pre-Med. Having lived in this community, and now as the Student Advisor, I can really appreciate the community built just by having people who are motivated and excited to live in the LLC. You meet wonderful new people, some of which are in your classes, and you can a first-hand look at what your future at Truman looks like, and your future after Truman. In the LLC, we go to AMSA (American Medical Student Association) together and also do fun random things like going to TAG improv together. In essence, the benefit of this community is networking, and knowing that you have people in similar or the same classes as you who understand what academic stress you might be in, and are here to help. You really get to learn good study habits, and you learn how to study with those around you! It really is a great place for a first-year Pre-Med, I know that when I lived in it I wouldn’t have wanted to have lived anywhere else on campus. It really helped me that much!!!