Banner 9 Admin Pages & Lightweight ApplicationsJuly 10, 2017
Banner 9 Admin pages
On June 26th, we released Application Navigator and the Banner 9 Admin Pages (the replacement for Banner 8 INB/Forms) to the Integration Team. The Integration Team are using their normal Banner upgrade testing teams to complete a full upgrade review and testing of the Banner 9 Admin pages test environment. The target for completion of this testing is August 1. The goals of this testing is to compile the list of forms and processes in Banner 9 that have issues that we need to work with Ellucian to resolve. As of Friday July 7th, the status of the upgrade is:
Admission: No Report
Advancement: 40% complete – no problems to this point
Accounts Payable 15%
Fixed Assets/GL 20%
Financial Aid: No Report
HR No Report
Student Accounts: 5%
Testing No Report
Provost’s Ofc No Report
Housing No Report
Registrar’s Ofc 70-80%, have found a couple of issues/problems
We have had multiple Banner 9 Admin pages overview/navigation sessions in the last few weeks for the offices and staff involved in testing. This session highlights the difference and new features of Application Navigator and the Admin pages. We are still offering these for the offices that haven’t had a chance to attend one. We also plan to open these up later this summer/fall to other interested/curious Banner Admin forms users. Information will go out when these are going to open up.
Banner 9 Lightweight applications
As part of the continued evolution of Banner to the Banner 9 environment, the lightweight applications continue to release upgrades/patches. Additionally Ellucian is repackaging their applications. In the last couple of months, Ellucian has been moving and combining the lightweight applications into module releases. Recent update include:
- Finance Purchase Requisition has been moved into Finance Self Service and renamed My Requisition. Also in Finance Self Service they have added My Budget Query.
- Employee Dashboard and Position Description have been combined into the new Employee Self Service.
- Advising Student profile, student profile, and attendance tracking have been combined into the new Student Self Service.
- Direct Deposit was originally released in General Self Service. It remains the only application currently in General Self Service.
The current status of the review of the lightweight applications:
- Finance Purchase Requisition: The team has been reviewing this for a while. On 7/6, the new Finance Self Service access was sent out for the team to review.
- Direct Deposit: Access was officially released on 6/30 to the team. This team has completed their review and the review documentation has been completed and submitted back to me.
- Employee Profile: Access was released on 6/30 to the team. This team has a meeting schedule this week to get underway.
- Position Description: Access was released on 6/30 to the team lead (Arletta) and the IT rep (Bill). This application requires some initial setup in order to use the application. Arletta is reviewing the documentation. She will be working with Bill on the setup.
- Event Management: Access was released on 7/6 to just the team lead (Jill) and the IT reps (Kasey and Beth). This application requires some initial setup in order to use the application.
- Communication Management: Access was released on 7/6 to just the team lead (Nancy) and the IT reps (Kasey and Gabe). This application has a lot of technical aspects and has some initial setup that is required.
- Advising Student profile have not been released yet. We have had a service request (case) open with Ellucian support for over two weeks trying to get the url identified for the advising student profile in the new Student Self Service. Ellucian support seems to be stumped on this as well. Just this evening we got another Ellucian site to give us some help on this. We should get Advising Student profiles released on Tuesday (7/11). We do not yet have the url for the student profile.
We will be making campus wide announcements of the Banner 9 upgrade project once the fall semester is underway.