Designing Dissent: advocacy and awareness posterSeptember 27, 2011
a.1 -> Develop a two-sided poster that strongly conveys a dissenting view on current political, economic or cultural causes or issues that currently exist with in this country. Visual Communicators possess both dynamic and strategic tools to create memorable messages; this poster is intended to serve as a social mechanism for advocacy, awareness, action, confrontation and motivation.
Images in and of it’s self are very powerful, but without clarity, fluency and form there can be little understanding. Construct a strategy/system to present the images/information through the use of letterforms, color and graphic/image elements.
>Give it dynamic form, provide for a meaningful dialogue not just a
>Demonstrate a clear purpose
>Make the viewer “think” about what the information/imagery/illustration
>Show thoughtful and meaningful use of imagery
>Encourage the eye to examine the different pieces of data respectively
>Show a language that is accessible and interesting
create with -> Clarity, Precision, Economy and Efficiency
– research poster designs and gather as much information about your
– design two poster that convey a dissenting view
– full color and a poster size of 16” x 21”
– you must shot your own imagery
– 09/27 project review, components, Q & A
– 09/29 look at research and ideas
– 10/04 development of the 1st poster
– 10/06 1st poster complete
– 10/11 begin poster 2
– 10/13 Midterm Break
– 10/18 continued work on poster 2
– 10/20 Posters DUE!