Herpetology promotionFebruary 7, 2014
New assignment: Herpetology Club Open House
We are still in promotion mode with this assignment.
- Who: Herpetology Club
- What: Annual Open House
- Where: Magruder Hall – first floor display area for reptiles and amphibians
- When: February 14, 2014. 7:00 p.m.
- Audience: All college students regardless of major
- Goal/Problem to solve: Club recruiting and general audience awareness of herpetology
Secondary info: Regular meetings: 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, 7:00 p.m., Magruder Hall 1000
- 14 x 20", 4-color, full-bleed poster – one side
- Animated banner for biology website: biology.truman.edu
- Webpage design for CPU, tablet and smartphone
(Shoot photography or illustrate original artwork needed for the design)
Budget: 12 hours – due next Friday, Feb. 14, 2014
What I expect with this assignment/project/job is a creative promotion to get people/students to attend the open house, see the critters, and join the club. That's the problem you have to solve. I want a creative concept employed. Just stating what the event is in the promotion is not a creative concept.
If nobody has every told you this before, I will. The headline stating a concept is the most important thing in the design. So, come up with one please. Also, I prefer a photograph used in the layout, but an orginal illustration is acceptable if it is really good.
Track your time and try to get me to lay eyes on and art direct your design before the due date. The idea is to have your layouts "approved" by next Friday.