Rusty Nelson (Visual Communications), Gunnar, watercolor, 2014.
Finals Week ends on Friday, December 12 with December graduation taking place on Saturday, December 13th. Congratulations to all Art Department (and Truman) graduates! Please stay in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This also means that the Art Department blog will be taking a break until the week before classes start in January. However, during that time the blog will feature faculty artwork (and other images) related to winter themes so do check back often!
For now, greetings of the season to all!
There are lots of great things going on in the Art Department this week and next including some great town-gown collaboration. We hope to see you at some or all of them!
- ART 421 Visual Communications IV project displays for the Red Barn Arts Festival up all this week in the OP Art Atrium; reception Tuesday, December 2 in the evening.
- Reception Tuesday, December 2, 6:00 p.m. in the University Art Gallery (OP 1114) for BA and BFA students Molly Diecker, Ali Goeckner, and Carly Winchell. At the same time is a reception for the Strong Foundations exhibition which features work from the Foundations program, selected by Art Department faculty as examples of some of the best work produced by first-year Art students.
- Advanced Painting work up until Thursday, December 4 at TruYo on Jefferson St. in Kirksville.
- Clay People Sale (of ceramics works): Thursday, December 4, OP Main Atrium, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Work by students in Advanced Printmaking (Melissa Aholt, Kim Allen, and Jessica Zilch) up at TruYo from Thursday through the end of Finals Week.
- Exhibition of work produced in Painting I and Advanced Drawing: Friday, December 5, Kirk Gym, 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Work by graduate student painters Shelby Seaman and Daniel Riekena up at Beard’s Gallery in Kirksville now through Friday, December 5.
- The student chapter of AIGA (American Institute of Graphic Arts) at Truman will be holding a sale of handmade work; check their blog for more information.
If you know of something else going on this week in the Art Department that’s not listed, let us know! email@example.com. Otherwise, we hope to see you there!